How to Fix Error 0x800F0906 and 0x800F081F in Windows 8, 8.1
Users of the Windows 8 (8.1) operating system occasionally encounter the error code mentioned above. This error occurs when Windows cannot download the required files from Windows Update Server. Detailed clarifications from .NET Framework are indicated below to understand the whole phenomenon of Error Codes 0x800f0906 and 0x800f081f.
The first solution will probably work for most readers here. This is related to conflicts between the .Net Framework installer and some security updates from Microsoft. KB2966826, KB2966827 and KB2966828, updates that are installed by the Windows Update Service are of concern. To fix this problem, you only need to uninstall this update and try installing the .Net Framework again.
Follow the instructions to uninstall the update that is mentioned.
- Press Windows key on the keyboard and type ‘control panel’ and press the Enter key
- In the Control Panel click Uninstall a program under the Programs category
- Click View installed updates from the left panel
- Scroll and search for updates named KB2966826, KB2966827, KB2966828
- Once found select each and click the Uninstall button
This update can be reinstalled after the problem is resolved, either by running Windows Update yourself or by leaving it on the system.